Saturday, September 10, 2011

Thoughts on 30 Days of Prayer

Our church is now 10 days in to our "30 Days of Prayer" and I thought I should share some of my observations regarding my prayer life from that time.  The first thing I have noticed is that without deliberate intention my patterns will not change just by thinking or hoping they will.  (This is probably true of any habit.)  But I have also noticed an increased intent and expectation of prayer times.  Instead of something I "have" to do they become something that I "get" to do.  Instead of the rote recitation of a list it has become a time of fellowship, silence and sitting still long enough to hear what God might have to say. 

Last Sunday, in my Sunday school class, we discussed the miracles that God may be doing everyday that we don't notice.  Yesterday, Tanya and the kids went to Indianapolis and she called me about two hours after leaving and said that someone had hit her at an intersection and that the other driver didn't stop.  As it turns out, the reason that he didn't stop is because he didn't hit her.  Tanya is certain that she felt the car being "pushed" by something.  As she describes it, there was no way that he didn't hit her.  We finally decided that God had performed a miracle and "pushed" her car out of the way of the other car.
1 Chronicles 16:11-12
Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his presence continually!
 Remember the wondrous works that he has done,
his miracles and the judgments he uttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment